Hey Gang! Just posting to let you know that I am doing great! People can mostly make out what I'm saying most of the time now, which is a blessing. Turns out that my husband was able to interpret alot of what I was saying, but the rest of the world only understood me half of the time. Which causes me to go back a bit: I packed all the wrong stuff in my prep for surgery - besides an outfit to leave the hospital in, all I needed to pack was an advocate. I hope none of you ever need this level of care, but if you do -that is my advice: bring an advocate who knows you. Chris says i am more laid back since surgery, but if any of you need it (we are lucky Chris has cool clients and good staff, which allowed him to be there, 'cause I thought he might have to wrestle the steroids away from the nurses to make sure I got them on time, etc.) I am willing to stomp my foot in the doorway if need be to obtain the level of care you deserve.
Anyhow, off my soapbox now, I am 4 weeks post-op today and it is a milestone! My eyes are lining up and I have gained some of the weight back I lost and therefor some strength - i have 7 more physical therapies left, and they are challenging. Mom (Diane) has gone back to Dallas, and Mom (Mary Jane) has arrived from Minnesota to relieve her. Diane was a blessing to us, as kids were to school (and even to bed!) on time, food was cooked, and the house stayed miraculously clean. Thank you Moms!
All for Now, Jules
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Julie -
It is so great to hear 'you' again in your update. I am glad that you are healing nicely. I have really had you in my thoughts.
Best!
Julie W.
Always great to read these updates, and even greater to see you out an about these last few times! You look great, but still need to fatten-up a bit. Maybe we should go for ice cream soon :-)
Love you!
go Julie! Glad to hear you're doing so well, and continued good luck and fun ahead! I'm sure your road to "all better" will be challenging, as it usually is, but everything tastes all the sweeter for it.
best to you and the family
Mark Genfan
Hi Julie,
So glad you are improving! How's the sciatica? Are you still coming to see me Tues the 6th @ 3 pm. You can call or email to let me know.
Sending lots of love your way you couragous thing!
Catherine
Post a Comment